Hometown: Lodi, CA
Ethnicity: Caucasian

Jacqueline Goehner Interview

Jacqueline Goehner

What was your first cosplay?
Princess Zelda from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
When did you first get into cosplaying?
Back in 2005 at Ani-Magic out in Lancaster, CA
What is your strongest skill when making your costumes?
It’s hard to pinpoint which of my skills I consider my strongest. Probably mold making, but you don’t see that process on the costume lol! Though I’m a much stronger seamstress now than I’ve ever been, I’d probably just have to say sculpting.
What is your favorite event that you have cosplayed at?
DragonCon, hands down! Although, much to my surprise, my hometown hosted its first comic book convention last year and it was a lot of fun! They’ve invited me back this year and I can’t wait to go!
What inspires your costumes?
The characters. I only cosplay characters that I know and love.
What is your favorite costume that you have ever done?
Regarding the character, probably a tie between Princess Zelda and Witchblade. Regarding the build, definitely the Angelus! Learning animatronics has its frustrating moments, but the payoff is totally worth it!
What is the hardest part about being a cosplayer?
The time crunches. I’m like any cosplayer when it comes to procrastination lol! Aside from that, probably the beef you get online for a certain costume, but my skin’s a lot tougher than when I first started.
Jacqueline Goehner
Is there a certain cosplayer that you look up to?
I don’t want this to be taken the wrong way, but I don’t look up to other cosplayers; I admire a good deal of them and consider them my peers and friends. However I do this because I love it. So the people I look up to are the creators of these amazing characters like Marc Silvestri or Shigeru Miyamoto and so on and so forth.
Are you currently working on any new cosplays?
Still working on the Angelus! Also got Linkle in the works, Dark Phoenix, and a few others, but I’m waiting to have prior commitments finished before I get those completely finished.
Is there a certain area of entertainment where most of your costumes come from?
 I’ve done characters from all different media’s, but I tend to do comic book and video game characters mostly.
What is your favorite TV show?
Hm, of all time? I couldn’t say, but currently, Chris Hardwick’s @Midnight.
Do you play video games? If so, what are some of your favorites?
I do, but sadly not as often as I like. The Legend of Zelda series is obviously my favorite (LttP being my top Zelda game), fan of Metroid, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, and Street Fighter. There are many other franchises I still follow, but those are the few that come to mind at the moment.
What is your favorite movie?
Fifth Element
Jacqueline Goehner
What do you like to do for fun?
Design and kickass
Do you have a favorite musician?
Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, David Bowie, Freddie Mercury, and my friend Hunter Ackerman.
What is your favorite meal?
Eh, I couldn’t say a meal, but if you’ve ever had avocado tempura (not a roll, but battered, deep fried avocado), you would know why it’s my favorite food of all time.
What is your favorite quote?
Anything by Robin Williams
Who is your celebrity crush?
I don’t really get celebrity crushes, but if I had to choose, probably Ann Hathaway.
Anything else you’d like to share with us?
Nah, I gotta take my puppy out for a walk! I’m trying to get her into cosplay too, she loves wearing costumes lol!
Jacqueline Goehner

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.

Visit Us On TwitterVisit Us On Facebook
SiteLock